Skip to content
- Teaching Assistant Professor, Boone Pickens School of Geology, Oklahoma State University. Fall 2017 onwards.
- Teaching Fellow, Research School of Earth Sciences (RSES), Australian National University (ANU). February 2015-July 2017.
- Sessional Lecturer and Demonstrator, RSES, ANU. July 2010 – October 2014
- PhD Scholar, RSES, ANU. 2010-2014.
- PhD (Earth Sciences), Australian National University, 2014
- Thesis: Redox conditions in the cratonic lithosphere and implications for metasomatism.
- Supervisory Panel: Greg Yaxley, Hugh O’Neill, Richard Arculus, Vadim Kamenetsky
- BSc (Honours) (Geology), Australian National University, 2009
- Thesis: Behaviour of chalcophile elements during magnetite fractionation in arc magmas.
- Supervisor: John Mavrogenes
- BSc (Geosciences/Chemistry), Monash University, Australia, 2008
- BEng (Honours) (Chemical), Monash University, Australia, 2008
Awards, Grants and Scholarships
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA), 2017.
- Winner, KSW Campbell Award for Outstanding Teaching Contribution, Research School of Earth Sciences, Australian National University.
- Nominated for 2016 ANU Colleges of Science Early Career Award for Teaching Excellence
- 25th IGC Fund (Australian Academy of Science/Geological Society of Australia) Travel Grant to attend the 35th IGC in Cape Town, South Africa to the value of $3000AUD.
- Australian National University Early Career Researcher Travel Grant, 2016 – $3000AUD to attend the International Geologic Congress in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Deep Carbon Observatory Modelling and Visualization Workshop, Washington D.C., May 2015. Full funding to attend the workshop.
- Deep Carbon Observatory Summer School, Big Sky, Montana, July 2014. Travel grant to the value of $2500USD.
- Australian Synchrotron Beamtime AS131/XFM/5722, Co-Proposer for 3 days beamtime in February 2013.
- Geochemical Society Goldschmidt Travel Grant 2012 – $1000CAD.
- ANU Vice-Chancellor’s HDR Travel Grant 2012 – $1000AUD to attend the Goldschmidt Conference in Montreal, Canada.
- Australian Synchrotron Beamtime AS122/XFM/4803, Co-Proposer for 3 days beamtime in July 2012.
- Australian National University PhD Scholarship – May 2011 to August 2013.
- Australian National University Supplementary Scholarship – May 2011 to August 2013.
- Australian Synchrotron Beamtime AS111/XFM/3160, Co-Proposer for 3 days beamtime in March 2011.
Membership in Professional Societies
- American Geophysical Union (since 2013)
- Geochemical Society (since 2010)
- National Association of Geoscience Teachers (since 2016)
Service to the Research School
- Member of the Education Review Committee, 2016-17.
- Development and delivery of induction programs for first year science students, 2016-17.
- Chair of the Student Forum (2011-12) – represented the graduate student community in discussions with the school administration and academic leadership as well as building up the community.
- Member of the Liaison Committee in the search for a new School Director, 2012.
- Member of the Honours/Masters Discussion Group, 2012.
- Convenor of the Student Colloquium, 2010-2011.
- Co-Convenor of the RSES Student Conference, 2010.